4 Fish white fillets
350ml Beer of your choice
1 ½ cup Flour
1 Egg, beaten
2 tsp Baking powder
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix together.
- Stir the egg into the dry ingredients.
- Gradually mix in beer until a thin batter is formed.
- Rinse the fish and pat dry.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan..
- Dip fish fillets into the batter, then drop one at a time into hot oil.
- Fry fish, turning once, until both sides are golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm with oven baked chips, fresh lemon pieces and a crispy green salad.