- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener like erythritol or xylitol
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extraxt
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease four 2 or 3 inch ovenproof ramekins and place them in a large baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients, until smooth and combined. Transfer the mixture amongst the four ramekins.
- Boil a kettle or bring 2-4 cups of water to the boil. Pour enough boiling water into the baking dish until the ramekins are submerged in an inch of water.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake the custard for around 30 minutes, until firm on top.
- Remove from the oven and either enjoy warm or all to cool completely. Once cooled, you can refrigerate it until chilled.
TO STORE: Custard should always be stored in the refrigerator, in a sealed container. It will keep fresh for up to 2 weeks. I recommend you let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. TO FREEZE: Place individual portions of custard in freezer friendly containers and store in the freezer for up to 6 months. Thaw them overnight in the refrigerator before eating.