Just the thing to warm a cold winter night. Try this delicious Toscana Soup.
- 500g of Italian sausage, chopped
- 4 tsp butter
- 8 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh Lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups spinach, chopped
- 2 cup heavy cream
- Grated Parmesan cheese and chopped green onion to serve
- Saute the Italian sausage in the butter for 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.In the same pot slowly fry the onion, garlic, bacon and thyme over a medium heat.
- Add the chicken stock, water, fresh lemon and cauliflower and cook until the cauliflower is soft.
- Add salt, pepper and spinach and cook for a further 10 minutes
- Stir in the heavy cream.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and chopped green onion.